Was a sunday evening, going to the neardy supermarket as usual to get stuffs for the week. Not far away I saw an elderly woman in her late 70s trying to cross the ever busy road of Krishna Nagar. Asking passersby to help her cross the road, no one to pay any attention to her; saw quite a number of people passing her but took no notice of her. She looked at me, used her hand as an indication to help her cross, I understood what she was trying to say having seen her doing that all the while I was walking towards her.
Took her hand, crossed her the other side, she thanked me and I went on my way...
Was all the people before me really human or is it that their souls are all dead that they not cared the call of the old lady. People are too busy with what is happening in their lives than to worry about what is happening around them.. I wonder had it been a much younger person in her place would they have ignored that person.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment